Sandia (NuMex Sandia)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Heat: hot
- Packed for sales season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Capsicum annuum
- Bagged Bloom Seeds
“Sandia” (NuMex Sandia) has the good flavor of an Anaheim pepper, but is somewhat smaller and has much more heat. The heat is said to be comparable to a jalapeño, and I found it quite spicy. The heat may increase as the fruits ripen from green to red. The pod size may vary quite a bit, from 5” to 9” in length.
Sandia was produced by New Mexico State University in 1956. It is excellent for roasting, and a favorite for drying and stringing into ristras.
23 in stock