Broody Hen (Klusha)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: dwarf, determinate
- Leaf type: rugose, regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
Broody Hen (Klusha; Клуша) “Broody Hen” is an adorable dwarf variety that sits in a pot, clustering her fruits under her sheltering leaves. I can see how Broody Hen came by her name…as the appearance does remind me of a fat little hen sitting on her eggs. This is a Russian variety, and produces 2-5 oz red fruits on a very compact plant. My plant grew to 24” tall, and I would expect it to stay at or under 3 feet tall in full sun for most growers. Fruit sets early on Broody Hen, so be sure to look within the leaves to find it.
The flavor was surprisingly good, an excellent balance of sweet and acid, and the texture was plump without being mushy or crispy. If you have a very small space to plant, but you want a versatile tomato that you can eat fresh or use for canning, Broody Hen is a good choice.
11 in stock