- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
“Florida Special” is a fine addition to my growing collection of forgotten commercial heirlooms of the southeast US. It is heat and humidity tolerant, and is said to be blight resistant, although I cannot verify this other than reporting that it did not have blight while I grew it.
The fruits are red slicers with rosy red gel and a softer texture than one expects in commercial varieties…very pleasant for eating fresh. The flavor is a balanced and smooth tomatoey blend of acid and sugar.
13 in stock