Kara Market (Kara Market Togo)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Kara Market” (Kara Market Togo) is a strong-tasting small red paste, with dry high pectin flesh, from South Africa. It sets fruit prolifically and has heat set capability. Interestingly, I had it growing in a row with other varieties, none of which are known to have bacterial wilt resistance. All of the plants in this row eventually acquired and died from bacterial wilt except for Kara Market. It may be possible that it has at least moderate resistance to bacterial wilt, I cannot prove this by any means and will continue to grow it in the ground to test specifically for this trait.
The history of seed acquirement for Kara Market in the US is said to have been from a tomato bought at a market in Kara, Toga, Africa.
14 in stock