Nueva Ecija Green
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Shape: medium round to teardrop
- Color: matte jade with white bottom freckles
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
Nueva Ecija Green is a “farmer’s variety,” or so it has been referred to, from the province of Nueva Ecija in the Philippines. This is a green variety that is absolutely jade green, with matte skin and white freckles at the bottom. Fruits are round to slightly pendant-shaped and generally reach a medium size before ripening to yellow. These are best eaten when young and tender, in the smaller size, before there is a hint of yellow color. I could most compare them to Chao Phraya, except that the color on Nueva Ecija Green is more beautiful to me.
15 in stock