- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Shape: large oval/teardrop
- Color: rosy purple
- Packed for sales season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Rosita” is an elongated, oval eggplant with tender, beautiful rosy skin and mild white flesh…even in dry hot weather, this one is never bitter for me. It is said that Rosita was developed in Puerto Rico in the 1940s and came to the US in 1979.
Rosita can be picked smaller and with the most brilliant color; however, as the flesh is so mild, I like harvest the larger fruits to use in dishes where eggplant adds moisture but does not stand out as the star of the show. These are dishes that people who “don’t like eggplant” will probably enjoy. One example is “Dirty Rice Dressing,” which my Grannie Iter Dauzat Edwards of Louisiana taught me how to make (picture).
12 in stock