- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: dwarf, indeterminate
- Leaf type: rugose, regular leaf
- Time to maturity: mid-late season
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Shamrock” is a fine dwarf variety from Blane Horton. The fruits are yellow-skinned, green when ripe flesh that is turgid and plump when fully ripe. The flavor is balanced sweet with acid, delicious. This is a new favorite for me, because it is yummy to eat and much easier to grow in my climate than many dwarf varieties are. And it is fun to grow, as it is a beast…albeit a short one. The central stock is amazingly thick, and the foliage is abundant and healthy. There is no chance for the fruits to get sunscald…but these green ones can be a little hard to see through the jungle until they take on the golden glow of ripeness. It is a treasure hunt when you find a fruit, which takes up the palm of your hand, and you realize that several of its brethren are right there as well. If you have problems with fruitworms or the like, make sure to get the wand of your sprayer deep into the plant. Those pests can create havoc and lay waste to many of your green fruit jewels, as the fruits are formed so deeply into the plant.
3 in stock