- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Owen’s Purple” is a meltingly tasty purple beefsteak, which came from a cross of Paul Robeson and Mortgage Lifter made by Ginnie Farrell in Ohio. I am not certain that I have spelled her first name correctly, as I have seed other spellings on other vendor sites.
I wish I had planted more of this variety, as the young plant took such a hit from a storm we had that by the time it recovered for new blooms and fruit, our temperatures had reached their summer swelter level. I found the flavor very sweet for a dark variety, and rich like a port wine when fully ripe.
11 in stock