Broad Ripple (Broad Ripple Yellow)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Broad Ripple” (Broad Ripple Yellow) is a cute little yellow currant tomato with a pleasant fruity flavor that is not overly sweet. This is an Indiana heirloom, having been discovered growing in cracks in the street in Indianapolis by John Hartman. He named it after a creek in that area. Broad Ripple appears to be both larger and meatier (thicker walls) than most other currant tomatoes.
NOTE: Seeds for currant tomatoes appear to take longer than other types to germinate, so please be patient while waiting for the seedling to appear. Also, the seeds are small in general and it is difficult to sort out the “empty shells” that do not germinate. Because of this, I am including extra seeds in each pack of every currant variety.
19 in stock