- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
“Matt’s Hornet” is a segregate from Matt's Folly, which is a cross by Tom Wagner of Matt's Wild Cherry and Casady's Folly. Matt's Folly, as described in TaterMaterSeeds.com, is a rounded plum of red with gold stripes. This segregate I have named Matt's Hornet because of the coloring paired with the bullet shape that has persisted through my growout.
My very favorite thing about Matt's Hornet is the taste. The taste is very similar to Matt's Wild Cherry, but with meaty tomato flesh rather than the currant-type that is mostly gel and seeds.
The plant is not rampant as Matt's Wild Cherry is, but it is vigorous and probably indeterminate.
All in all, this is a stable segregate that I really like.
17 in stock