- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Northern Lights” is one of the most beautiful tomatoes I have grown. It is not an uncommon variety, but I have grown it several times just because I like it so much. And this season, it earned a “WOW” flavor rating in my tasting notes…one of very few beefsteaks to make my top rating. To earn a “WOW,” the flesh must be plump and turgid, not too firm or too soft. There must be strong acid and even stronger sweetness, no musky aftertaste, and a bit of fruitiness that keeps a sweet taste from being plain sugar.
In appearance, Northern Lights goes through a color transformation during ripening that is pretty spectacular. The epidermis is clear, so you see an array or pale yellow, then peach, then pink, and finally rose. The flesh is a pinky-peach bicolor. Fruiting was slow at first, as typical for when I grow it, but then picked up nicely, which is also typical.
5 in stock