Louisiana Gulf State
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
“Louisiana Gulf State” is a very welcome addition to my ongoing collection of southern heirlooms with heat and humidity tolerance. The pink, juicy fruits seem to have crimson flesh and gel, but I cannot find the extended lineage to confirm or deny this actually being a “high crimson” line. Louisiana Gulf State has excellent sweet and acid clean flavor, but is too soft for shipping. Since I eat my tomatoes rather than ship them, I do prefer them to be softer than a baseball. This one is really a forgotten jewel.
Louisiana Gulf State is an improved Gulf State Market, developed by Dr. Julian C. Miller of the Agricultural Experimental Station in Baton Rouge and released by Reuter Seed Company in 1936.
11 in stock