- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate, micro-dwarf
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: very early
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
- Germination Tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Monetka” (Coin, Монетка) is a winsome little micro-dwarf variety that puts out a large number of fat, bright yellow-gold fruits. The plant is taller than Yellow Canary and Yellow Dwarf, and possibly just as early as Yellow Canary. So far as I can find, this is a Russian variety, possibly a commercial variety. The name is very apt, as “Monetka” translates to “Coin.” The fruits do remind me of big newly minted gold coins. The texture is excellent, not mushy or crunchy, and the taste is very good. It was not as sweet for me as Jochalos, but we did have quite a bit of rain during ripening and this was my first time growing Monetka. I will have a better judgement of sweetness as I grow it repeatedly. I recommend Monetka to be added to your winter windowsill (with extra lighting) grow list.
7 in stock