- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: dwarf, indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular, rugose leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Sarandipity” is one of the Dwarf Tomato Project varieties, commercially released in 2015. It was developed from a cross between Black Zebra and a pink selection of the Cheeky family, which was then crossed with Cherokee Chocolate. Craig LeHoullier named the variety “Sarandipity” after his daughter, Sara.
Sarandipity produces small chocolate salads with vertical green stripes. The flesh is dark with a rich flavor, not candy-sweet. This is another variety that turned out much better the second season I grew it. My first growing attempts produced bland fruits, as we experienced enormous rains during ripening. This year the weather was hot and dry during ripening, and both flavor and texture were excellent.
12 in stock